Thursday, July 20, 2006

Free Time

Remember how much free time we had when we were children? I can remember hounding my Mother all the time for something to do because I was bored. What ever happened to all that free time? I don't have time to get 8 hours of sleep any more, much less actually sit still long enough to be bored. My daily schedule typically goes like this:
  • 6:30 - 7:15 Get Up, Get Dressed, Get Out the Door
  • 7:30 -4:30 Work
  • 4:45 - 5:30 Do Chores I can't do with baby underfoot
  • 5:30 -6:00 Cook Dinner or watch baby, depending on who's turn to cook
  • 6:00 -7:00 Clear the table, clean the baby, eat, feed baby, clean baby up
  • 7:00 - 8:00 Play with baby, run a bath, wash the baby, dress baby for bedtime
  • 8:00 - 8:30 Read to baby, get another bottle of milk into the baby
  • 8:30 - 9:30 Clean the kitchen, do laundry and other semi quiet chores
  • 9:30 - 10:00 Shower and "relax"
  • 10:00 - 10:30 Get ready for bed, make sure I have work clothes to wear
  • 10:30 - 11:00 Take vitamins, make a bottle for the baby's middle of the night wake up, read
  • 11:00 - 5:30 SLEEP - wake up when baby starts crying
  • 5:30 - 5:50 Feed baby bottle, put her back into her crib or collapse with baby into bed
  • 5:50 - 6:30 Spend 13 mins getting back to sleep in time for the alarm to interupt good dream.

When am I supposed to get any knitting done? I spent my lunch hours at work trying to get some exercise in, but a knee injury has slowed that down. Sometimes I knit at lunch and I tend to get some knitting done in the evenings - maybe 20 minutes worth. At this rate, I will have my baby's blanket completed in time for Valorie's graduation from high school. Does every mother deal with this? I am blessed with a husband who does cook and help clean and care for the baby, but since he gets her ready in the mornings, I tend to get her in the evenings. Don't get me wrong, I cherish my time with my kid, but how the heck am I supposed to work in me time? I'm slowly getting caught up on household chores, so I might squeeze some in right after work soon. Thank God that I am allowed to work some flex time at work. If I didn't get home until 5:15 or so, I'd go bonkers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home